The Duke of Edinburgh’s Bronze Award
The Bronze Expedition is a two-day expedition, with one night spent camping. Days should include 6 hours of planned activity, 3 of which should be spent journeying.
Basic Price: £190 + VAT Per Participant – 6 Day Package
The package includes:
- One-day training fundamental expedition skills. This can be held at our Ashdown Forest base, at Blackland Farm, at school, or a venue to suit you.
- Practice Expedition – 2 days, 1 night.
- 1 Day Route Planning Support and Training.
- Qualifying Expedition – 2 days, 1 night.
- Campsite fees for 1 night on the practice and qualifying expeditions.
Areas we use for our Bronze expeditions include, but are not limited to the Ashdown Forest, South Downs, Surrey Hills and New Forest. If you are interested in an expedition in another area, please get in touch.
The package does not include:
- Transport to or from venues.
- Personal Insurance.
- Equipment (see below).
It is generally expected that participants should provide their own equipment for expedition. This is inherent to the award, and provides participants with an opportunity to develop independence, self-sufficiency and to take ownership of their expedition experience.
We understand however that the cost of this equipment could be prohibitive for some participants, and as a result we are able to provide some equipment for hire at an additional cost. Please see our Expedition Equipment Hire pricelist for more information.
4th Dimension hold £10 million Public Liability insurance. School journey / travel insurance is not provided, and your LEA will require this to be taken out. The DofE provide limited cover for their leaders and participants. You can find additional information on this at www.dofe.info